Transport for NSW Environmental Management Review Panel
2003 - Current
Among the recent and ongoing TfNSW projects where AQUAS auditors act as EMRs are the following:
- NWRL Early Works – 2012 -2015: The North West Rail Link (NWRL) is a priority rail infrastructure project for the NSW Government. It involves planning, design and construction of a 23km rail link to Sydney's growing North West region, eight new railway stations, and 4,000 commuter car parking spaces. The rail link includes 15km of tunnels
- Fairfield Transport Interchange – 2013 - 2015: The Fairfield Transport Interchange is being upgraded to provide a more efficient, functional and user friendly environment for commuters and pedestrians. The project includes reconfiguring and expanding the bus interchange into the current commuter car park, formalising the kiss and ride zone, and relocating the taxi rank to the eastbound lane, among other works. Construction commenced in February 2013
- Auburn Stabling Project - 2012 - 2015: The Auburn Stabling project involves the construction of a new train stabling facility, north-west of Auburn Station. The project is designed to cater for the expected increase in train services in Sydney’s inner-west and south-west. The project will be delivered in two stages. Stage one of the project includes the construction of a stabling facility to accommodate up to 11 eight-car trains, staff amenities and offices, a noise mitigation barrier, and associated civil and rail systems work
- Stage two (including construction of stabling for an additional five eight-car trains) will be delivered when required to meet future demand. The project also involves remediation of contaminated land. The project is currently under construction with completion targeted in 2013.
- Richmond Line Duplication- 2009-2011: The Richmond Line Duplication project was completed in December 2011, with the new station and track operating since October 2011. The project delivered a duplicated track and associated rail infrastructure between Quakers Hill and a relocated Schofields Station. The new Schofields Station provides lift access, improved interchange between transport modes and increased commuter car parking
- Commuter Carpark upgrades at Wollongong, Waterfall, Woonona and Quakers Hill - 2010
- North Sydney Station Upgrade – 2006 - 2008
- Chatswood Transport Interchange – 2005 - 2008
- Parramatta Transport Interchange – 2003 – 2006
Type of Service
Monitoring of Compliance with Conditions over several projects.